Play TWC9: EF June CTP, jPlayer, Kinect Gesture Toolkit, and a flying car
This week on Channel 9, Dan flies solo covering the week's top developer news (A technical snafu in our other studio hosed the audio of the first recording of the show with Brian Keller).
- [00:42] ADO.NET Team - Entity Framework June 2011 CTP available, adds enum and spatial data types, stored procedures can now have multiple results sets, and LINQ queries are now automatically compiled and cached
- [01:27] jPlayer.org - jPlayer is a jQuery plugin for cross platform audio and video using HTML 5 tags, via Alvin Ashcraft
- [02:08] Jeff Wilcox - A collection of useful Windows Phone "Mango" Performance posts from the SL Windows Phone Performance Team blog
- [04:21] David Catuhe - Use the Kinect SDK Gesture Recognition toolkit to add gestures to your application
- [05:15] Greg Duncan - Coding4Fun - Greenshot is a free, open source C# screenshot tool like SnagIt
- [06:24] Greg Duncan - Channel 9 Markup and Query Parameters like how to embed videos, or jump to a specific point in a video
- [07:10] Windows Azure - Major League Baseball Head-to-Head Stats Dashboard using Windows Azure Data Market
- [08:04] Dick Craddock - How Hotmail is 10x faster than before, via Marcelo Lopez Ruiz
Picks of the week!
- [09:08] Brian's pick: TFS Build Extensions is a set of customizable pre-built code snippets for customizing TFS Build
- [10:03] Dan's pick: Dan wants a flying car and the first prototype is cleared for takeoff and driving