Download this episode
This week on Channel 9 Dan and Clint discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- Gunnar Piepman - ASP.NET MVC: Using jQuery context menu with tables
- Steve Marx: A sample app that shows how to Send and Receive email in Windows Azure
- Mashable.com - Chris Treadaway discusses how to calculate the valuation of location-based services like foursquare and how they aren't worth the hype. Plus they enable sites like Please Rob Me.
- Scott Hanselman - Extending NerdDinner: Adding MEF and plugins to ASP.NET MVC
- Damian Karzon - Two part series on using the DropBox API with RestSharp to authenticate, list, add and delete files (Part 1 and Part 2)
- Jason Zander: Windows 7 Phone Tip calculator example and designing for Portrait & Landscape mode
- Frotz.NET: Z-machine part of C# that enables you to play Zork!, via Greg Duncan
- TechCrunch: Soluto: "Anti-frustration" software that crowd-sources PC issues and speeds up startup times, won TechCrunch Disrupt, and it's written using WPF
- Windows Azure Blog: WordPress plugin to use Windows Azure Storage for images, file downloads, etc
Picks of the week
- Clint's pick: Ford Sync AppLink will enable you to build voice UI apps that can write information to the in-vehicle touchscreen or via voice. Clint & Dan discuss having a speed trap app
- Dan's pick: Rene Schulte - How to write pixel shaders for Silverlight and WPF with HLSL shows off some cool effects (live demo)
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.