Download this episode
On our four year anniversary of This Week on Channel 9, we wanted to give a special thank you to all of our viewers for supporting and watching us over the years. Amusingly, our first show aired Feb 1, 2008 without a name and Niners Ian & ChadK suggesting the name This Week on Channel 9. Thank you all, we wouldn't be here without you.
Production Note: We know the audio is a little rough/overdriven in places and we're going to try to see if there's anything we can do post-production to fix it. Sorry about that!
To celebrate this week, Martin Woodward joins us to recap the week's news, including:
- [0:32] TWC9's 4th Anniversary! First TWC9 Show in 2008, Brian Keller and Dan Fernandez: Name this Show!
- [2:33] Kinect For Windows, [Special Edition] It's Kinect day! The Kinect For Windows SDK v1 is out! (Greg Duncan, Dan Fernandez) , Kinect for Windows Quickstart Series (Dan Fernandez), Kinect for Windows – Code Migration from Beta2 to v1.0 (C#/VB) & Kinect for Windows – Details of API Changes from Beta2 to v1.0 (C#/VB) (Rob Relyea), Kinect for Windows SDK v1.0 (Download), Kinect for Windows is now Available!, Near Mode: What it is (and isn’t), Official Kinect for Windows SDK and Kinect Toolbox 1.1.1 are out! (David Catuhe)
- [5:11] Going Native 2012
- [6:47] Real World Windows Azure Guidance: Troubleshooting Best Practices for Developing Windows Azure Applications (Avkash Chauhan, William Bellamy), http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/hh771389.aspx
- [8:12] The Big Dummies Guide for Windows Phone Developer Resources (Bil Simser)
- [8:54] Event Handler Memory Leaks, Unwiring Events, and the WeakEventManager in WPF 4.5 (Pete Brown)
- [10:22] An introduction to Agile development with Team Foundation Server: TFS Support for Agile practices (Giles Davies)
- [11:38] Debugger Canvas 1.1 is Released!(Kael Rowan), http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/devlabs/debuggercanvas, http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/A/7/5A7FB2E7-5720-4739-BDDE-28A684C5B291/Microsoft.DebuggerCanvas.vsix
- [13:36] Visual Studio 2010 UML Design Pattern Toolbox Items Extension (Giles Davies), http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/dc41bd3a-85f6-4015-aa39-c57bfa332b20, http://umldesignpatterns.codeplex.com/
- [15:14] HTML5 WebCamp Training VIDEO Available (Doris Chen)
Picks of the Week!
- Brian's Pick of the Week! [16:33] From Concept to Code in 6 hours: Shipping my first Windows Phone App, http://lostphonescreen.com,http://wp7appsite.codeplex.com/ (Scott Hanselman)
- Dan's Pick of the Week! [18:04] Kinect Service, http://kinectservice.codeplex.com/ (Brian Peek)
- Martin's Pick of the Week! [21:05] 96 Line F# [HP-35 calculator] Emulator + 960 bytes of HP-35 Microcode (Ashley Feniello)
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.