Download this episode
On our four year anniversary of This Week on Channel 9, we wanted to give a special thank you to all of our viewers for supporting and watching us over the years. Amusingly, our first show aired Feb 1, 2008 without a name and Niners Ian & ChadK suggesting the name This Week on Channel 9. Thank you all, we wouldn't be here without you.
Production Note: We know the audio is a little rough/overdriven in places and we're going to try to see if there's anything we can do post-production to fix it. Sorry about that!
To celebrate this week, Martin Woodward joins us to recap the week's news, including:
- [0:32] TWC9's 4th Anniversary! First TWC9 Show in 2008, Brian Keller and Dan Fernandez: Name this Show!
- [2:33] Kinect For Windows, [Special Edition] It's Kinect day! The Kinect For Windows SDK v1 is out! (Greg Duncan, Dan Fernandez) , Kinect for Windows Quickstart Series (Dan Fernandez), Kinect for Windows – Code Migration from Beta2 to v1.0 (C#/VB) & Kinect for Windows – Details of API Changes from Beta2 to v1.0 (C#/VB) (Rob Relyea), Kinect for Windows SDK v1.0 (Download), Kinect for Windows is now Available!, Near Mode: What it is (and isn’t), Official Kinect for Windows SDK and Kinect Toolbox 1.1.1 are out! (David Catuhe)
- [5:11] Going Native 2012
- [6:47] Real World Windows Azure Guidance: Troubleshooting Best Practices for Developing Windows Azure Applications (Avkash Chauhan, William Bellamy), http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/hh771389.aspx
- [8:12] The Big Dummies Guide for Windows Phone Developer Resources (Bil Simser)
- [8:54] Event Handler Memory Leaks, Unwiring Events, and the WeakEventManager in WPF 4.5 (Pete Brown)
- [10:22] An introduction to Agile development with Team Foundation Server: TFS Support for Agile practices (Giles Davies)
- [11:38] Debugger Canvas 1.1 is Released!(Kael Rowan), http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/devlabs/debuggercanvas, http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/A/7/5A7FB2E7-5720-4739-BDDE-28A684C5B291/Microsoft.DebuggerCanvas.vsix
- [13:36] Visual Studio 2010 UML Design Pattern Toolbox Items Extension (Giles Davies), http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/dc41bd3a-85f6-4015-aa39-c57bfa332b20, http://umldesignpatterns.codeplex.com/
- [15:14] HTML5 WebCamp Training VIDEO Available (Doris Chen)
Picks of the Week!
- Brian's Pick of the Week! [16:33] From Concept to Code in 6 hours: Shipping my first Windows Phone App, http://lostphonescreen.com,http://wp7appsite.codeplex.com/ (Scott Hanselman)
- Dan's Pick of the Week! [18:04] Kinect Service, http://kinectservice.codeplex.com/ (Brian Peek)
- Martin's Pick of the Week! [21:05] 96 Line F# [HP-35 calculator] Emulator + 960 bytes of HP-35 Microcode (Ashley Feniello)
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.