Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Dan and Brian discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- IE Blog: Internet Explorer 9 Platform Preview 3 is now available (download) and includes improved support for HTML 5
- IE Test Drive: IETestDrive.com adds new HTML 5 examples, including Canvas Pad, a page that hosts interactive and editable examples of using the Canvas tag
- IE 9 PP3 also adds a Performance API that's built into the browser for developers to better understand performance bottlenecks
- Windows Live blog: Windows Live Essentials Beta is now available (download), including Live Sync and Photo Fuse
- Scott Hanselman and Pete Brown: How to build a Developer rig that scores 7.9 on the Windows Experience Index (aka God's Own Machine)
- John Papa: How to use Duplex Communication with WCF & Silverlight to build a chat application
- Visual Studio Blog: With the Productivity Power Tools, the Add Reference dialog is not only faster, but also searchable
- Surface Blog: Code sample on using Bluetooth with a Surface
- Eric Nelson - Windows Azure from the Trenches free PDF eBook, via Greg Duncan
Picks of the week!
- Brian's pick: Rory Primrose who shows how to add custom types in TFS Build 2010 Build Definition Editor with the help of Reflector
- Dan's pick: Rudi Grobler's cool Windows Phone app, 7mc-gofer, that enables you to control your Windows Media Center including music, TV, photos and videos
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.