Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Dan is joined by new-member-of-the-team Rick Barraza to discuss the week's top developers news, including:
- [1:40] Windows Store for developers Global reach (Antoine Leblond), Windows 8 First Apps Contest, https://buildwindowscontest.com/
- [2:52] February 1, 2012: Use the Power of Kinect for Windows to Change the World (Kinect for Windows Team)
- [4:22] Windows Phone Starter Kit for RSS, Windows Phone Starter Kit for WordPress, Windows Phone Starter Kit for Podcasts, Windows Phone Starter Kit for Schools (Chris Koenig) & SocialViewer gets Windows Phone Mango treatment (Nick Randolph)
- [5:38] Windows 8 and the future of XAML: Part 1: An overview of the Windows 8 platform (Gill Cleeren), New article series by Gill Cleeren: Windows 8 and the future of XAML. Any additional topics you need covered in this series?
- [8:14] INotifyPropertyChanged, the Anders Hejlsberg Way (Dan Rigby)
- [10:42] Announcing Microsoft Codename “Cloud Numerics” (Ronnie Hoogerwerf)
- [12:45] Episode 23 of Visual Studio Toolbox (Entity Framework Part 1) (Robert Green, Rowan Miller and Diego Vega)
- [14:13] Garbage Collection in The Age of Smart Pointers (Sasha Goldshtein)
- [16:16] GoingNative 2012 (The Conference)
- [18:47] SQL Server 2012 Virtual Labs (Karan Gulati), http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/learning-center/virtual-labs.aspx
- [19:59] Close Those Loopholes: Lessons learned from Unit Testing T-SQL (Alex Kuznetsov)
- [21:48] ALM Summit 2011 - Project Patterns: From Adrenalin Junkies to Template Zombies (Tim Lister)
Picks of the Week!
- Rick's Pick of the Week! [23:25] Cut The Rope comes to IE, behind the scenes http://www.cuttherope.ie/dev/
- Dan's Pick of the Week! [25:13] Hexadecimal Numpad eases your IPv6 conversion (Jason Hamilton), www.ipv6buddy.com
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.