This week on Channel 9, Brian and returning guest host, Martin Woodward, discuss the week's top developer news, including;
- [00:52] Mark your calendars: Announcing Build 2014 (Steve Guggenheimer), www.buildwindows.com
- [02:35] Emulators for Windows Phone 8.0 Update 3 (Cliff Simpkins), Emulator Updates, Developing for large screen 1080p devices, Update 2 Emulators, Update 3 Emulators
- [03:02] Throwing the Big Switch on Roslyn (Matt Gertz, VS Managed Languages Development Manager)
- [04:34] JSON and the Microsoft C++ REST SDK (Gaston Hillar)
- [05:19] New release - Tx (LINQ to Logs and Traces) (Ross Gardler)
- [06:04] WMI Explorer (Vinay Pamnani)
- [06:47] Penny Pinching in the Cloud: Automating everything with the Windows Azure Management Libraries and .NET (Scott Hanselman)
- [09:18] Just released Prism for the Windows Runtime on Windows 8.1 (Blaine Wastell)
- [09:57] New C# Yellow Book Available - and on Kindle, Rob Miles' Yellow Book (the Rubber Duck Edition) (Rob Miles)
- [10:53] Hosting the VS 2013 ALM VM in a Windows Azure Virtual Machine (Wes MacDonald), Visual Studio 2010/2012 Hands-On-Labs / Demo Scripts Upgraded to 2013, http://aka.ms/almvms (Brian Keller), Announcing Public Preview of Read Access Geo Redundant Storage (Steven Martin)
- [12:49] Channel 9 Highlight: Windows XP to Windows 8.1 Migration (Chris Caldwell, Martin)
Picks of the Week!
- Brian's Pick of the Week:[13:45] Rock-afire Explosion animatronics, http://www.rockafiremovie.com/, Documentary, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rock-afire_Explosion, http://brianpeek.com/page/the-king
- Martin's Pick of the Week:[15:38] Bing Code Snippets
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.