Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Brian and Mark discuss the week's top developer news, including;
- [00:28] InRelease Acquisition is complete (Brian Harry)
- [01:50] Announcing TouchDevelop v3.0 for Windows Phone 8: unified experience, new language features, NFC, speech and tile APIs (Nikolai Tillmann)
- [03:31] RIA Services is Getting Open-Sourced (Jeff Handley)
- [04:14] What’s New for Developers in Windows 8.1 (Jeff Prosise), Windows 8.1 Preview: New APIs and features for developers
- [05:23] Windows 8 vs Windows 8.1 (Koen Zwikstra) [Found Via: API diff report for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview]
- [05:53] Windows 8.1 app samples
- [06:35] 50 Apps by Christmas: SilverKeys - Porting a Silverlight App to a Windows Store App (Jason Roberts)
- [08:17] 25 Secrets for Faster ASP.NET: the Eagle has landed! (Michaela Murray), http://www.red-gate.com/25secrets
- [09:24] Windows Phone 8 Development for Absolute Beginners (Larry Lieberman )
- [10:47] HERE launchers are here
- [11:56] Channel 9 Highlight: Utilizing SysInternals Tools for Windows Client (Jeff Koch)
- [12:56] Immutable isn’t just for parallel code (JaredPar)
Picks of the Week!
- Brian's Pick of the Week:[14:26] 30 Years of Hello, World (Jeremy Likness)
- Mark's Pick of the Week:[15:48] LINQ to ASCII Art (Hisham Abdullah Bin Ateya)
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.