Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Dan and Brian discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- Rob Relyea: Kinect for Windows SDK Beta 1 Refresh includes better stability, continuous skeletal tracking (including when not tracking skeletons), and removal of features not implemented in the API
- .NET Gadgeteer is an open source toolkit for small electronic devices using the .NET Micro Framework
- Dhananjay Kumar: How to configure IIS and encode video to enable Smooth Streaming on Windows Phone 7, via Alvin Ashcraft
- CodeProject: Paulo Zemek - Writing a WPF Multiplayer Game using OnRender as a Game loop
- Azure Storage Team: Windows Azure Storage now has analytics including logs (for slow requests, network errors) and metrics (hourly aggregates of requests, latency, bandwidth, and capacity information)
- Windows Azure Team: Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio 2010 - New features include profiling applications running in Azure, create MVC3 Web Roles, and improved validation of Azure packages
- MSDN: Visual Studio LightSwitch Training Kit includes tutorials and learning materials for getting started with LightSwitch, including a library inventory example
- Coding4Fun: Where's my Car Windows Phone application - An open source sample app available in the marketplace so that you'll never forget where you parked. Plus it includes a nice implementation for calling Virtual Earth for walking directions and dynamically mapping them to get back to your car
Picks of the week!
- Dan's pick: Tina Summerford: Pranking Softies using the bogus Faces of Microsoft Campaign
- Brian's pick: Brian Harry: Version Control Model Enhancements in TFS 11
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.