Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Brian and guest Lynn Langit discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [00:38] Lynn's work on SmartCare - implementing technology and saving lives in Zambia.
- [01:35] Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Games offers a way to build social-enabled games backed by
- [02:57] Windows Phone Mango marketplace announcements: Marketplace opens August 22; 19 new consumer markets; 7 new developer markets; targeted app distribution;
- [05:05] Microsoft Advertising Ad SDK vs. Google AdMob case study: Microsoft wins with 71% higher yield
- [06:16] The story of PinCodeKeeper – a WP7 application.
- [07:25] Visual Studio Toolbox: Power Commands provides a suite of power tools for Visual Studio.
- [08:45] SQL Server "Denali" gets .NET-style Format() command
- [10:08] Should I defrag an SSD? (from Defrag: SSD Questions, Tagging Files, Mirroring Drives, Hardware Hacks)
- [11:11] 50+ Great Free Tools for .NET Developers
- [11:35] Unified Visual Studio User Voice site: Less is More
Picks of the Week!
- [13:33] Brian's pick: Scott Hanselman's Guide to Creating Quality Technical Screencasts
- [14:41] Lynn's pick #1:SmallBasic 1.0 RTM
- [16:57] Lynn's pick #2: ApprovalTests
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.