This week on Channel 9, Brian and guest Lynn Langit discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [00:38] Lynn's work on SmartCare - implementing technology and saving lives in Zambia.
- [01:35] Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Games offers a way to build social-enabled games backed by
- [02:57] Windows Phone Mango marketplace announcements: Marketplace opens August 22; 19 new consumer markets; 7 new developer markets; targeted app distribution;
- [05:05] Microsoft Advertising Ad SDK vs. Google AdMob case study: Microsoft wins with 71% higher yield
- [06:16] The story of PinCodeKeeper – a WP7 application.
- [07:25] Visual Studio Toolbox: Power Commands provides a suite of power tools for Visual Studio.
- [08:45] SQL Server "Denali" gets .NET-style Format() command
- [10:08] Should I defrag an SSD? (from Defrag: SSD Questions, Tagging Files, Mirroring Drives, Hardware Hacks)
- [11:11] 50+ Great Free Tools for .NET Developers
- [11:35] Unified Visual Studio User Voice site: Less is More
Picks of the Week!
- [13:33] Brian's pick: Scott Hanselman's Guide to Creating Quality Technical Screencasts
- [14:41] Lynn's pick #1:SmallBasic 1.0 RTM
- [16:57] Lynn's pick #2: ApprovalTests
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.