Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Dan and Brian discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [1:33] Channel9/Coding 4 Fun On Discovery’s Inside West Coast Customs! (Brian Peek, Clint Rutkas, Dan Fernandez, Jeff Sandquist)
- [2:43] Bring single sign-on and SkyDrive to your Windows 8 apps with the Live SDK (Windows 8 app developer blog)
- [3:38] For Developers: Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows 8 Metro App (Ian Ferreira
- [4:34] Windows 8: Why push from Azure? (Jerry Nixon)
- [6:10] Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows 8
- [6:59] A Few Additional Options Inside the Windows Simulator in VS11 Beta (Michael Crump)
- [7:53] Channel 9 Highlight: Visual Studio Toolbox: Simplification of the Visual Studio 11 Development Environment (Robert Green, Sam Zaiss and Dan Dole)
- [8:54] Optimizing the .NET Framework Deployment Experience for Users and Developer (Brandon Bray)
- [9:59] Reactive Extensions v2.0 Beta available now!, Bart De Smet: Inside Rx 2.0 Beta, Rx v2.0 Beta (Bart De Smet, Charles Torre)
- [11:01] Part 1: Creating the Portable Library (this post), Part 2: Portability in Silverlight and WPF: a Tale of Type Forwarders, Part 3: Portability in Metro: A CLR and WinRT Love Affair (this post) (Jeremy Likness)
- [12:23] Techdays 2012 the Netherlands: MVVM Applied From Silverlight to Windows Phone to Windows 8 (Laurent Bugnion)
- [14:08] Updated PowerShell Scripts to Manage Symbol Server and Source Server Settings (John Robbins)
Picks of the Week!
- Brian's Pick of the Week [15:47] Presenting the History of Everything [via ChronoZoom] (Microsoft Research Connections Team), ChronoZoom
- Dan's Pick of the Week [17:07] Light Trikes at South by SouthWest (Laura Foy, Golnaz Alibeigi)
Post Production Note: To head off the comments... After finishing the show Brian went and double checked his reference to screenshots in the Windows Phone 7 emulator . I think his statement was, "Doh!" The WP7 emulator does indeed have a built in screenshot capability already.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.