Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Not Dan and Not Brian (Larry and Charles) discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [0:44] SQL Server 2012 Virtual Launch Event, Roger Doherty: Introduction to SQL Server 2012, http://bit.ly/sql2012cookbook.
- [1:31] Comparison Chart: New Project Types Visual Studio 11 vs. Visual Studio 10 From Visual Studio Mag (Mark Michaelis)
- [2:22] Visual Studio 11 Beta Performance Part #1 (Visual Studio Blog)
- [3:33] What’s changed for app developers since //build/ (part 2), What’s changed for app developers since //build/ (part 1)
- [4:48] My First Windows 8 Metro Style App (Zhiming Xue)
- [5:52] Windows 8 AppBarButtonStyles enumerated and visualized (WnJS, XAML) (Adam Kinney)
- [6:39] Announcing: Bing Maps for Metro Style Apps
- [8:18] Using the New Caller Information Attributes for Reliable Property Change Notifications (John Garland)
- [9:21] WP7 Sample: a Settings Page in 5 Minutes, WP7 Sample: A GPS-enabled Phone App in 5 minutes!, WP7 Sample: An Accelerator-based App in 5 Minutes, WP7 Sample: A Microphone-enabled Phone App in 5 Minutes!, WP7 Sample: Isolated Storage, WP7 Sample: Local Database, WP7 Sample: Access the Cloud,WP7 Sample: Location Services (Jerry Nixon)
- [9:59] Plotting Circular Relationships Graphs with Silverlight (Colin Eberhardt)
- [10:50] "Visual & Installer" A Free Visual Studio Add-in for creating NSIS and Inno Setup installers (unSigned Softworks)
- [11:22] Must-have Tools for Developers on Windows: Part 2, Part 1 (Punit Ganshani)
- [12:30] 10 Reasons Why Visual Basic is Better Than C# (Andy Brown)
- [14:30] PowerShell Essentials upcoming webcast series (John Weston)
- [15:40] TechFest 2012: Cliplets (Laura Foy), Cliplets: Juxtaposing Still and Dynamic Imagery, http://research.microsoft.com/
- [17:43] Building Single Page Apps for desktop, mobile and tablet with ASP.NET MVC 4 (Steve Sanderson), Techdays 2012 the Netherlands
- [18:54] Countdown to TechEd Europe 2012: Hello World, http://europe.msteched.com, #TEE12 (Mark DeFalco, Jennifer Ritzinger)
Picks of the Week!
- Larry's Pick of the Week [20:01] http://boxingbots.ch9.ms
- Charles' Pick of the Week [22:34] Beckman Meijer Overdrive, Beckman Meijer Overdrive: LINQ - Composability Guaranteed
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.