Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Not Dan and Not Brian (Larry and Charles) discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [0:44] SQL Server 2012 Virtual Launch Event, Roger Doherty: Introduction to SQL Server 2012, http://bit.ly/sql2012cookbook.
- [1:31] Comparison Chart: New Project Types Visual Studio 11 vs. Visual Studio 10 From Visual Studio Mag (Mark Michaelis)
- [2:22] Visual Studio 11 Beta Performance Part #1 (Visual Studio Blog)
- [3:33] What’s changed for app developers since //build/ (part 2), What’s changed for app developers since //build/ (part 1)
- [4:48] My First Windows 8 Metro Style App (Zhiming Xue)
- [5:52] Windows 8 AppBarButtonStyles enumerated and visualized (WnJS, XAML) (Adam Kinney)
- [6:39] Announcing: Bing Maps for Metro Style Apps
- [8:18] Using the New Caller Information Attributes for Reliable Property Change Notifications (John Garland)
- [9:21] WP7 Sample: a Settings Page in 5 Minutes, WP7 Sample: A GPS-enabled Phone App in 5 minutes!, WP7 Sample: An Accelerator-based App in 5 Minutes, WP7 Sample: A Microphone-enabled Phone App in 5 Minutes!, WP7 Sample: Isolated Storage, WP7 Sample: Local Database, WP7 Sample: Access the Cloud,WP7 Sample: Location Services (Jerry Nixon)
- [9:59] Plotting Circular Relationships Graphs with Silverlight (Colin Eberhardt)
- [10:50] "Visual & Installer" A Free Visual Studio Add-in for creating NSIS and Inno Setup installers (unSigned Softworks)
- [11:22] Must-have Tools for Developers on Windows: Part 2, Part 1 (Punit Ganshani)
- [12:30] 10 Reasons Why Visual Basic is Better Than C# (Andy Brown)
- [14:30] PowerShell Essentials upcoming webcast series (John Weston)
- [15:40] TechFest 2012: Cliplets (Laura Foy), Cliplets: Juxtaposing Still and Dynamic Imagery, http://research.microsoft.com/
- [17:43] Building Single Page Apps for desktop, mobile and tablet with ASP.NET MVC 4 (Steve Sanderson), Techdays 2012 the Netherlands
- [18:54] Countdown to TechEd Europe 2012: Hello World, http://europe.msteched.com, #TEE12 (Mark DeFalco, Jennifer Ritzinger)
Picks of the Week!
- Larry's Pick of the Week [20:01] http://boxingbots.ch9.ms
- Charles' Pick of the Week [22:34] Beckman Meijer Overdrive, Beckman Meijer Overdrive: LINQ - Composability Guaranteed
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.