Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Dan and Brian are joined by the epic Scott Hanselman to discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [00:44] MVP Site - 2011 MVP Summit was this week in Redmond and thousands of MVPs were in town learning about the latest and greatest Microsoft products
- [02:11] Scott talks about his session with Phil Haack's talking MicroSpeak
- [02:43] Scott Hanselman's translation of Phil's MicroSpeak
- [03:34] Rob Tiffany - The Windows Phone Marketplace updates the free app submission limit from 5 to 100
- [04:54] John Papa - MIX11 will have an Open Source Fest, like a science fair for open source developers
- [06:08] Jeff Wilcox - Feb 2011 update of the Windows Phone toolkit, via Greg Duncan
- [10:20] Code Project - Alan Burkart - Wordley - A sample app using the Wordnet lexical database
- [12:24] Tom Hollander - How to automate Azure deployments using MSBuild
- [13:29] Yochay Kiriaty - Flashcards.Show - An example that shows the same application working in WPF, Silverlight, and Windows Phone
- [14:22] Code Project - Bryian Tan - Building a dynamic password strength indicator using jQuery and XML
Picks of the week!
- [15:35] Brian's pick: March release of TFS Power Tools includes backup/restore, a feature-rich Windows Shell extension, and lots of bug fixes
- [19:51] Scott's pick: This Developer's Life podcast interview tech folks on non-technical topics like obsession, competition, and audacity
- [22:06] Dan's pick: Larry Larsen and Gov Maharajov's new show, Defrag, on Channel 9 that shows how to fix and diagnose issues like when your PC doesn't boot
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.