Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Dan and Brian are reunited to discuss the week’s top developer news, including:
- [watch] Silverlight Firestarter – Newly announced features includes GPU Accelerated 3D, Immediate mode graphics, Trick play (play up to 2x speed), custom markup extensions, and out-of-browser features like P/Invoke and multi-window support
- [watch] Silverlight Firestarter keynote - Databinding Debugging – You can add breakpoints into XAML and see exactly what path and data is being used for data binding
- [watch] Silverlight Firestarter keynote – Two cool demos include the 3D mesh model and the Crescent BI tool coming soon from the SQL Server team
- [watch] Tim Heuer – Tim gives a full rundown of all of the features coming in Silverlight 5
- [watch] Tim Heuer – Coded UI tests for Siverlight, available in MSDN Feature Pack 2
- [watch] Windows Azure – Lots of new features in the Azure 1.3 SDK, includes VM Role (beta), Full IIS support, Elevated privileges, diagnostics, and more
- [watch] CodePlex – BCL Extensions project provides handy extension methods to common types (collections, strings, etc), via Frans Bouma
- [watch] Coding4Fun – Pedro Lamas – A basic Currency Converter application that’s currently in the marketplace
- [watch] VisitMix - Thomas Lewis – Okapi – HTML 5 template & code to build your own endless mural
- [watch] ..NET Curry - Paging in ASP.NET using jTemplate, jQuery and JSON
- [watch] Gunnar Piepman - CodePlex now supports LiveWriter, via Greg Duncan
- [watch] LINQExtender v3 – Update to the library to help developers build LINQ providers
- [watch] Jason Zander – Visual Basic for Windows Phone 7 RTW
Picks of the week!
- [watch] Brian Keller – Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2, a free for MSDN subscribers tool which includes a lot of new features like coded UI tests
- [watch] Dan Fernandez – Microsoft’s participation in Movember, including a disturbing photoshopped photo by Larry Larsen and a video of Microsoft participants in Movember (click here to donate for Dan)
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.