This week on Channel 9, Brian and Dan discuss the week's top developer news, including;
- [0:36] Windows AzureConf 2012
- [1:15] Announcing the Latest Release of Office Developer Tools (Grace Kochavi)
- [2:46] Building quality Windows 8 apps: Important pre-submission checks for your Windows Store apps (Pete Brown)
- [3:44] How to manage unit tests in Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 : Part 1–Using Traits in the Unit Test Explorer (Terje Sandstrom (via Charles Sterling))
- [5:24] Windows 8 Development + Blendability (Braulio Diez)
- [6:44] IntelliTrace: Making On Time Shipping Possible (John Robbins)
- [7:42] Scaling cloud apps with the .NET Framework 4.5 (Richard Lander)
- [9:43] Inside Windows 8: The Windows Runtime (Martyn Lovell and Elliot H Omiya)
- [10:57] OpenGL for WinRT
Picks of the Week!
- Brian's Pick of the Week:[11:54] Designing by Making: your process for arranging furniture can point toward a good process for UI design (Jan Miksovsky)
- Dan's Pick of the Week:[12:58] Kinected Browser - Kinect On The Web (Harry Fairhead)
Programming Note: Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday in the US next week, there will be much turkey eating and no TWC9...
Microsoft'ism Translation: "Magic Folder" (mentioned by Brian as "Magic Foldering") is the in-house service we wrote to encode our videos for all the different formats, prep them for publishing, etc. It's one of the magic parts that powers Channel 9