Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Brian and Dan discuss the week's top developer news, including;
- [0:36] Windows AzureConf 2012
- [1:15] Announcing the Latest Release of Office Developer Tools (Grace Kochavi)
- [2:46] Building quality Windows 8 apps: Important pre-submission checks for your Windows Store apps (Pete Brown)
- [3:44] How to manage unit tests in Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 : Part 1–Using Traits in the Unit Test Explorer (Terje Sandstrom (via Charles Sterling))
- [5:24] Windows 8 Development + Blendability (Braulio Diez)
- [6:44] IntelliTrace: Making On Time Shipping Possible (John Robbins)
- [7:42] Scaling cloud apps with the .NET Framework 4.5 (Richard Lander)
- [9:43] Inside Windows 8: The Windows Runtime (Martyn Lovell and Elliot H Omiya)
- [10:57] OpenGL for WinRT
Picks of the Week!
- Brian's Pick of the Week:[11:54] Designing by Making: your process for arranging furniture can point toward a good process for UI design (Jan Miksovsky)
- Dan's Pick of the Week:[12:58] Kinected Browser - Kinect On The Web (Harry Fairhead)
Programming Note: Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday in the US next week, there will be much turkey eating and no TWC9...
Microsoft'ism Translation: "Magic Folder" (mentioned by Brian as "Magic Foldering") is the in-house service we wrote to encode our videos for all the different formats, prep them for publishing, etc. It's one of the magic parts that powers Channel 9
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.