Download this episode
Note: The audio is less than perfect in this week's show... Dan and Clint took a few minutes out of their West Coast Custom's project to record this week's show and their recording equipment was just what was available on hand (if you listen close you can even hear the work going on in the background).
This week on Channel 9, Dan and Clint discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [0:42] Skype deal closes
- [1:10] Bytes by MSDN: Scott Hanselman and Tim Huckaby discuss NuGET for the .NET Framework (Tim Huckaby, Scott Hanselman)
- [1:50] Teams in Visual Studio 11, the basics., Teams in Visual Studio 11, feature teams and backlogs. & Teams in Visual Studio 11 CTP, The Bug Backlog. (Clemens Reijnen)
- [2:35] Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview: Search Everywhere
- [3:11] More guidance and tool for porting iPhone & Android apps to Windows Phone (JC Cimetiere)
- [4:05] New FREE e-book: Windows Phone Toolkit In Depth, http://windowsphonegeek.com/WPToolkitBook (Boryana Miloshevska) [Found via Alvin Ashcraft's, Dew Drop – October 12, 2011]
- [4:52] Microsoft Expands Data Platform to Help Customers Manage the ‘New Currency of the Cloud’ (Ted Kummert), Microsoft, Hadoop and Big Data (Gianugo), Microsoft Loves Your Big Data (Mike Walsh)
- [5:43] Hadoop: Links, News and Resources (1) (Angel “Java” Lopez)
- [6:17] .NET 4.5: Eric St. John - Reducing Reboots During Framework Installation (Charles Torre, Eric St. John)
- [7:04] FEZ Spider .NET Gadgeteer Starter Kit Unboxing (G. Andrew Duthie), http://www.tinyclr.com
- [8:20] Visual Studio Toolbox: Customizing the Visual Studio Start Page (Robert Green)
- [9:27] The zen of async: Best practices for best performance (Stephen Toub)
Picks of the Week!
- Dan's Pick of the Week! [11:05] Playing Card Recognition Using AForge.Net Framework (Nazmi Altun)
- Clint's Pick of the Week! [12:35] SubtlePatterns.com (Atle Mo) [Found via LearnWPF - Subtle Texture Patterns suitable for backgrounds in your WPF application]
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.