Play TWC9: Roslyn, Angry Birds in Expression, VS 11 Training Kit, BUILD Hands-on Labs and a Holodesk
This week on Channel 9, Dan and Clint (recorded on the road again (sorry about the audio), this time at the departure gate in John Wayne Airport, California) discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [0:36] Microsoft "Roslyn" CTP, Whitepaper: Roslyn Project Overview, Walkthroughs: Microsoft "Roslyn" CTP, Roslyn CTP Now Available, Future directions for C# and Visual Basic(Anders Hejlsberg)
- [1:25] SnagIt Live Writer Plug-in Updated(Rick Strahl)
- [1:52] Introducing the OData Library(Shayne Burgess)
- [2:18] PASS Events OData Feed Browser App for Windows Phone 7.5(Glenn Gailey)
- [2:45] [Tutorial + Video] Creating a small Angry Birds clone for Windows Phone in 5 minutes (Δημήτρης Γκανάτσιος) [Found via reddit/wp7dev, [Tutorial + Video] Creating a small Angry Birds clone for Windows Phone in 5 minutes]
- [2:55] Deep dive into the LinkedIn API: Use C# to search for your dream Job (writing C# )(Gal Ratner)
- [3:15] The Cloud Gourmet 30-Minute Meal: Simple Database Migration to SQL Azure(David Pallmann)
- [3:35] Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview Training Kit October 2011 Released
- [3:55] New Windows Phone 7.1(5) SketchFlow Tutorials on .toolbox, NEW! Using SketchFlow Part 1: Discovering Basic Principles of UX Design for Windows Phone Codenamed "Mango",NEW! Using SketchFlow Part 2: Adding References and Sample Data to your Windows Phone Codenamed "Mango" Project, NEW! Using SketchFlow Part 3: Creating a Customized WrapPanel for Windows Phone Codenamed "Mango" , NEW! Using SketchFlowPart 4: Customizing Existing Controls to Create the UI for Windows Phone Codenamed "Mango", NEW! Using SketchFlow Part 5: Adding Behaviors to Your ListBoxItems for Windows Phone Codenamed "Mango"
- [4:15] Hands-On Labs [Found via Think LINQ, Windows 8 Hands On Labs available]
Picks of the Week!