Download this episode
This Week on Channel 9, Dan Fernandez is joined by Clint Rutkas to discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [00:35] Somasegar: Recap of new Visual Studio 2010 downloads including VS 2010 Service Pack 1, TFS-Project Server Integration Feature Pack, Load Test Feature Pack, and LightSwitch Beta 2
- [01:01] Jason Zander - Visual Studio Service Pack 1 (download) and his SP1 Beta Post that recaps the new features
- [03:15] Jeff Braaten - Waklthrough of configuring the new local help viewer after installing VS 2010 SP1
- [04:37] Doug Turnure - VS SP1 has compatibility issues with: Visual Studio Async CTP, LightSwitch Beta 1, Windows SDK 7.1, Help Viewer Power Tool
- [05:34] Brian Harry - Overview of installing all of the new tools and service packs
- TFS Project Server Integration Feature Pack (see overview) synchronizes project status and resource
- Team Test - Lab Management Feature Pack is a licensing change that enables unlimited virtual users for load testingavailability with dev teams
- [07:14] Charles Torre - Interview with Dean Hachamovitch and Ryan Gavin on IE9 RTW on Monday March 14th
- [08:23] Windows Azure Blog - Updated SDK and Windows Azure Management portal now available
- [09:39] Scott Hanselman - NuGet Action Plan - Make sure to 1) Auto-check for extension updates, Upgrade to NuGet 1.1 (uninstall NuGet 1.0 is using SP1), and get the NuGet Package Explorer
- [11:20] Coding4Fun - Greg Duncan talks about two CodeProject articles that profile the performance of Windows Phone 7 applications
Picks of the week!
- [12:11] Clint's pick: Coding4Fun - Fabien Royer - Saving energy with the .NET Micro Framework
- [13:20] Dan's pick: Students at Grand Valley State University sent electrical pulses to a real cockroach's antennae to control its movement, via Geekologie
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.