Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Clint and Dan discuss the week's top developer news, including;
- [0:34] Migrating apps from Windows Phone to Windows 8 (Rick Barraza, Brian Peek)
- [1:23] SQL Server Data Tools Updated for Visual Studio 2012 (David Ramel), Now available: SQL Server Data Tools - September 2012 update! (Janet Yeilding)
- [2:09] DirectX Graphics Development with Visual Studio 2012 (Visual C++ Team Blog)
- [3:16] Shell Context Menu, http://vsshcon.codeplex.com/
- [4:22] jQuery Code Snippets updated for VS2012, https://github.com/xxkylexx/Visual-Studio-jQuery-Code-Snippets (xxkylexx), http://jquerysnippets.codeplex.com/ (John Sheehan)
- [5:12] GameSalad announces support for Windows 8 (Lee Stott), http://gamesalad.com/creator/windows-8
- [5:55]50+ Epic Metro Style Design (Andy Sowards) [Found Via: Windows Phone Geek - 50+ Epic Metro (Windows Store) Style Designs]
- [7:02] ILPad (icemanind) [Found Via: The Morning Brew - The Morning Brew #1195]
- [8:00] Part 5 of 5: Introduction to Consuming Azure Mobile Services from iOS & Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 (Bruno Terkaly)
Picks of the week!
- Clint's Pick of the Week:[9:04] Curing Your Event Processing Blues with Reactive Extensions (Rx)
- Dan's Pick of the Week:[10:13] Programming with the Kinect for Windows Software Development Kit (ISBN 9780735666818) or here & here.
Production Note: The audio is a little off this week. There was a technical glitch with Clint's mic so we had to bump up the audio a bit. Now while you can hear him better, you can also hear more of the surrounding ambient noise too. Sorry about that!
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.