Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Dan and Brian discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [1:12] Visual Studio Achievements, Announcing Visual Studio Achievements Beta, Visual Studio Achievements FAQ (C9Team), Visual Studio Achievements for Windows Phone Beta - build 01012012 update (Den Delimarsky)
- [2:40] 101 Async Samples (Joe Mayo), http://www.wischik.com/lu/AsyncSilverlight/AsyncSamples.html [Found via Alvin Ashcraft's Morning Dew, Dew Drop – January 13, 2012 (#1,241)]
- [4:12] Use the power of Azure to create your own raytracer (David Catuhe) [Found via: MSDN Malaysia - Create Your Own Raytracer By Using Azure]
- [5:16] Event Flashback: ALM Summit 2011 - Scott Guthrie: Azure Unplugged
- [6:11] UIMap Toolbox (Rasmus Selsmark)
- [6:54] WPF 4.5: Observable Collection Cross-Thread Change Notification, WPF 4.5 Cross-Thread Collection Synchronization Redux (Pete Brown)
- [8:21] 10 Things ASP.NET Developers Should Know About Web.config Inheritance and Overrides (Jon Galloway) [Found via: Alvin Ashcraft's Morning Dew - Dew Drop – January 18, 2012 (#1,245)]
- [10:09] January 17th What’s Happening Around Visual Studio (Jason Zander) [Found via: The Morning Brew - The Morning Brew #1024]
Picks of the Week!
- Brian's Pick of the Week! [12:39] Case Study: Using Windows Azure to create MicroFinance, http://labs.mandogroup.com (Sarah Lamb, Gary Pretty)
- Dan's Pick of the Week! [13:43] Abusing the Microsoft Research's Touch Mouse Sensor API SDK with a Console-based Heat-map (Scott Hanselman)
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.