Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Dan is reunited with Brian to discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [00:46] Microsoft News Center - Microsoft Unveils Windows 8, watch preview video on YouTube (5 min) and Mike Anguilio's keynote video (30 min) at Computex in Taiwan
- [01:51] BuildWindows.com - BUILD is the conference to learn about Windows 8, registration is now open (Sept 13-16) in Anaheim, CA.
- [03:08] Michael Crump - The Busy Developer's Guide to Mango, the codename for the next release of Windows Phone
- [04:39] Peter Torr - How to create alarms and notifications in Mango using the Reminder class
- [05:27] Ioulian Alexeev - Video demo that shows combining the Silverlight Augmented Reality Toolkit (SLARToolkit) to fly a spaceship game built using Unity3D, via Rene Schulte
- [06:28] Brian Keller - Learn about the newly announced ALM features coming in Visual Studio V.Next using the ALM SpeakFlow application
- [08:14] Joshua Davies - Deep dive into the technical implementation details of the GZIP Compression Algorithm
- [09:51] Phil Haack - A Visual Studio Macro to Remove/Sort Usings and apply code formatting to your Visual Studio projects
- [11:03] Roger Doherty - DataBound - a new Channel 9 show about programming data, the first episode discusses building PowerPivot applications
Picks of the week!
- [11:45] Brian Keller - Debugger Canvas (WMV Video) - An *amazing* tool to visualize how an application runs. When it becomes available, this is a must have tool
- [13:24] Dan Fernandez - Teppo Kotirinta - Windows Phone Design Cheat Sheet (PNG, PSD, PDF), via Greg Duncan
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.