Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Dan is reunited with Brian to discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [00:46] Microsoft News Center - Microsoft Unveils Windows 8, watch preview video on YouTube (5 min) and Mike Anguilio's keynote video (30 min) at Computex in Taiwan
- [01:51] BuildWindows.com - BUILD is the conference to learn about Windows 8, registration is now open (Sept 13-16) in Anaheim, CA.
- [03:08] Michael Crump - The Busy Developer's Guide to Mango, the codename for the next release of Windows Phone
- [04:39] Peter Torr - How to create alarms and notifications in Mango using the Reminder class
- [05:27] Ioulian Alexeev - Video demo that shows combining the Silverlight Augmented Reality Toolkit (SLARToolkit) to fly a spaceship game built using Unity3D, via Rene Schulte
- [06:28] Brian Keller - Learn about the newly announced ALM features coming in Visual Studio V.Next using the ALM SpeakFlow application
- [08:14] Joshua Davies - Deep dive into the technical implementation details of the GZIP Compression Algorithm
- [09:51] Phil Haack - A Visual Studio Macro to Remove/Sort Usings and apply code formatting to your Visual Studio projects
- [11:03] Roger Doherty - DataBound - a new Channel 9 show about programming data, the first episode discusses building PowerPivot applications
Picks of the week!
- [11:45] Brian Keller - Debugger Canvas (WMV Video) - An *amazing* tool to visualize how an application runs. When it becomes available, this is a must have tool
- [13:24] Dan Fernandez - Teppo Kotirinta - Windows Phone Design Cheat Sheet (PNG, PSD, PDF), via Greg Duncan
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.