This week on Channel 9, Brian, Clark Sell, and a surprise guest discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- Clark Sell guests hosts.
- Windows Phone 7 Series was announced (Gizmodo Review | Channel
9 Hands-on Look |
MIX2010 Developer Story)
- Interesting because: Microsoft is back in the mobile game. Developer story coming next month at MIX.
- Scott Hanselman's project to build
Hanselcart: An Embedded Social Proxy.
- Interesting because: As teams become more and more globally distributed, we need better ways of applying that "personal touch."
- 10-4 Episode 41: Downloading and Installing the Visual Studio 2010 Release Candidate.
- Interesting because: It's never been easier to install Visual Studio 2010 (including Team Foundation Server).
- Fix for IntelliSense crashes in Visual Studio 2010 RC.
- Interesting because: Your feedback matters! This issue was reported by the community and fixed in a matter of days.
- Visual Studio Lab Management 2010 RC VHD available for
- Interesting because: You can now evaluate/learn Lab Management without needing to spend a lot of time setting up your test rig.
- Free eBook on virtualization R2
- Interesting because: Virtualization is becoming an increasingly popular tool in a developer's arsenal.
- Clark's Pick of the Week:
MS Deploy for deploying web applications.
- Interesting because: With so many deployment options to choose from how do you know which one to use? This one gets Clark's endorsement, and he explains why.
- Brian's Pick of the Week:
Augmented Reality with Bing Maps, a TED talk
- Interesting because: Wow. Just, wow. You have to watch the video to believe it.