Entries:
Comments:
Posts:

Loading User Information from Channel 9

Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9

Latest Achievement:

Loading User Information from MSDN

Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN

Visual Studio Achievements

Latest Achievement:

Loading Visual Studio Achievements

Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements

This Week on Channel 9: April 11th Episode

Download

Right click “Save as…”

This Week on Channel 9, Brian and Dan cover:

- Visual C++ 2008 Feature Pack Released:
- Reduce download times with OptiPNG and libJPEG, via Omar Al Zabir
- Learning Microsoft Expression via Allan Da Costa Pinto
- SMS Officer via Outlook Team Blog
- Evangelism Network Sidebar Gadgets for C8, C9, C10, Mix, and Edge - via Grace Francisco - How to configure OpenGL to work with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition via Neil Galloway
- New version of Phoenix compiler and analysis tools available
- Charles interviews Andy Ayers on Phoenix
- Dan's Pick: Clint Rutkas interviews John Cash from Blizzard Entertainment on what it takes to get a job at Blizzard.
- Brian's Pick: Team System Web Access + Work Item Web Access CTP Release via Hakan Eskici

Tags:

Follow the Discussion

  • There was a show about sending text messages in the .NET rocks! show, few weeks back - episode 327 - http://www.dotnetrocks.com/default.aspx?showNum=327
  • Mark Wisecarverwisemx Live it
    Sit up straight!
     Just joking guys...Rock on!
  • CharlesCharles Welcome Change

    Love the voice effects! Smiley
    C

  • CKurtCKurt while( ( !​succeed=try​() ) ) { }
    Hey there,

    I love the gadget but maybe a WEBSLICE of the newest video on Channel 9 would be a nice idea. (You know, webslices like in IE8 )

    I would use it all the time while i'm browsing juste to see if nothing is changed. Because the gadget keeps going back in time so if you don't check it afther booting you're seeing old video's.

    Love this show btw !
  • Great show guys! I'm your newest fan Smiley.
    Keep up the good work.

    Cheers
  • Elmerelmer I'm on my very last life.
    Is it possible to inlcude chapter markers and link the listed topics to them, so that I can just FF to a specific topic of interest ?

    No offence to the witty banter, but when only a part of the video is of real interest, it'd be nice just to be able to click on a link and jump directly to that chapter.
  • William Staceystaceyw Before C# there was darkness...
    elmer wrote:
    Is it possible to inlcude chapter markers and link the listed topics to them, so that I can just FF to a specific topic of interest ?

    No offence to the witty banter, but when only a part of the video is of real interest, it'd be nice just to be able to click on a link and jump directly to that chapter.


    Watching it this time, I was thinking the same thing.  The other thing I was thinking that it would be cool to have text on the right "auto-scroll" with the video markers.  Could even add highlight or bouncing ball (jk) or something.  The .Net Show had that kind of thing in a special viewer.  But I ~think you could do it kinda quick and easy with silverlight.
  • Lloyd HumphreysLloyd_Humph If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.

    Ok once again I'm going to beg for a torrent Sad

    In the meanwhile, I'm going to sit and download it at 10kb/s Sad

  • Mark Wisecarverwisemx Live it
    Ummmm...
    http://blogs.iis.net/vsood/archive/2008/03/14/bit-rate-throttling-is-now-released.aspx
  • Erik PorterHuman​Compiler Now with more apps
    staceyw wrote:
    
    elmer wrote:
    Is it possible to inlcude chapter markers and link the listed topics to them, so that I can just FF to a specific topic of interest ?

    No offence to the witty banter, but when only a part of the video is of real interest, it'd be nice just to be able to click on a link and jump directly to that chapter.


    Watching it this time, I was thinking the same thing.  The other thing I was thinking that it would be cool to have text on the right "auto-scroll" with the video markers.  Could even add highlight or bouncing ball (jk) or something.  The .Net Show had that kind of thing in a special viewer.  But I ~think you could do it kinda quick and easy with silverlight.


    Chapters take a bit of work to add support for, but definitely in our plans.  Right now we are focused only on features we need to be able to ship the new C9.  We actually had a new player built by a 3rd party and it supports chapters.  The last feature we need to support it is for our encoding infrastructure to accept them and include them in the different files and administration features for people to add them to the video.
  • Erik PorterHuman​Compiler Now with more apps
    wisemx wrote:


    While we're in the process of moving to IIS 7, our videos are hosted by Limelight and I don't believe they run IIS.
  • Erik PorterHuman​Compiler Now with more apps
    Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    

    Ok once again I'm going to beg for a torrent

    In the meanwhile, I'm going to sit and download it at 10kb/s



    If you're connection to our CDN is so slow, why not watch the video in the player (a much lower-res version) so you don't have to wait so long?

Remove this comment

Remove this thread

close

Comments Closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums,
or Contact Us and let us know.