Download this episode
This is Episode #2 of This Week on Channel 9 a weekly recap show of our favorite things for developers including Channel9 videos, samples, bloggers, news, and much more.
This week we cover:
0. Changes to the show based on feedback, our name courtesy of Ian and ChadK, and Benny Hill style set adjustments including more light! (0 - 2:45)
1. Microsoft and Yahoo: What could it mean for developers and Brian Shapiro's Coffeehouse thread (2:45 - 7:59)
2. Windows Server 2008 Launches, Alex Hinrichs, Windows Server Project Manager talks about Server Core, his favorite feature (7:59 - 9:32)
3. Under-Reported Windows Vista SP1 features for developers via Tim Sneath including new kernel, and 3.0 SP1 red-bits (9:32 - 12:30)
4. Charles Torre's Lang.NET interview with Erik Meijer, Gilad Bracha, and Mads Torgerson including Gilad's soundbyte on whether C++ is dead, and discussion of people loving to hate C++ (12:30 - 14:56)
5. Free Tool for LINQ: LINQPad by Joseph Albahari (14:56 - 15:40)
6. Guitar Matey: Building a 3D XNA Game by Dan Waters (video)found via Coding4Fun (15:40 -16:35)
7. CodeProject: Windows Forms Wizard Control with Visual Studio Designer support by Manish Kumar, found via Jason Haley's blog (15:40 - 17:51)
8. Brian's Pick of the Week: MySpace adds WCF and Silverlight support for developers, via Michael Scherotter (17:51 - 19:02)
9. Dan's Pick of the Week: Screen-scraping function that converts HTML tables from a Web site into a DataSet, by Mark Smith (19:02 - 20:30)
10. Wrapup, Superbowl predictions from last week, college insults, and a clip on Alex Hinrich's getting banana cake and a nice pen.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.