In this episode, Robert is joined by Steve Jones and special guest host Scott Klein to discuss database DevOps. Steve shows how you can use the Redgate Data Tools (ReadyRoll Core, SQL Prompt Core and SQL Search) that are included in Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 to extend DevOps practices to SQL Server and Azure SQL databases and increase your productivity while doing database development.
Steve also compares the migrations-driven approach of the RedGate tools compared to the state-based approach of the SQL Server Data Tools, which were featured in last week's episode.
- Redgate's Database DevOps Solution
- Redgate Data Tools included in Visual Studio 2017
- Redgate ReadyRoll - Develop, source control, and safely automate SQL Server and Azure SQL database deployments from Visual Studio
- Redgate SQL Prompt - Increase productivity with advanced Intellisense-style code completion
- Redgate SQL Search - Speed up SQL database development by finding SQL objects fast
- Redgate SQL Clone - provision copies of databases in seconds and save up to 99% disk space
- Visual Studio blog announcing Redgate Data Tools in Visual Studio 2017
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.