Entity Framework 5 and 6
In this episode, Robert is joined by Rowan Miller and Glenn Condron of the Entity Framework team. Rowan and Glenn first provide a brief history of EF [01:30]. They next bring us up to speed on what was new in EF 5 [10:15]. Demos include DbContext code generation, enum support, spatial data types, and multiple diagrams and coloring. They explain how Entity Framework is open source and what that means [26:30] and then discuss upgrading to EF 6 [32:00]. Finally, they show us what is coming in EF 6. Demos include database command interception/logging, code-based configuration and async query and save.
- Rowan's blog
- EF team blog
- EF 5 on MSDN
- EF 6 on CodePlex
- EF feature suggestions
- Updating applications to EF 6
- TechEd: Entity Framework 6: Database Access Anywhere, Easily
- TechEd: How to Build ASP.NET Web Applications Using Async
- Follow Entity Framework and Glenn on Twitter at @efmagicunicorns and @condrong
- Entity Framework Facebook page
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.