In this episode, Robert is joined by Rowan Miller and Glenn Condron of the Entity Framework team. Rowan and Glenn first provide a brief history of EF [01:30]. They next bring us up to speed on what was new in EF 5 [10:15]. Demos include DbContext code generation, enum support, spatial data types, and multiple diagrams and coloring. They explain how Entity Framework is open source and what that means [26:30] and then discuss upgrading to EF 6 [32:00]. Finally, they show us what is coming in EF 6. Demos include database command interception/logging, code-based configuration and async query and save.
- Rowan's blog
- EF team blog
- EF 5 on MSDN
- EF 6 on CodePlex
- EF feature suggestions
- Updating applications to EF 6
- TechEd: Entity Framework 6: Database Access Anywhere, Easily
- TechEd: How to Build ASP.NET Web Applications Using Async
- Follow Entity Framework and Glenn on Twitter at @efmagicunicorns and @condrong
- Entity Framework Facebook page
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.