This is the second of a four part series on building cross platform apps using Xamarin and C#. In this episode Robert is joined by James Montemagno, a developer evangelist at Xamarin, who gives us a deep dive into code sharing with Portable Class Libraries on Android, iOS, and Windows platforms. We will see how to leverage popular PCL libraries from NuGet and how to share 80%+ business logic from a single PCL in an Android, iOS, and Windows Phone 8 application.
If you missed part one, you can view it here.
- Full source code for the My Expenses app demoed is available on GitHub
- Get started today with Xamarin at www.xamarin.com
- Follow James on Twitter and his personal blog
- Xamarin University: Learn to build native iOS, Android, and Windows apps with C# in just 30 days
- Xamarin developer documentation and blog