Visual Studio 2013 Update 3
Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 RTM is now available for download. Dmitry Lyalin joins Robert to get you up to speed on what is new in this release. They first provide an overview of all the highlight features in Update 3 and then jump into demos with guest speakers on the following new features not previously demoed on Toolbox:
- Merwan Hade shows new Azure tooling, including the ability to configure and take snapshots of virtual machines, the ability to view storage container logs and the ability to create and manage notification hubs. [26:00]
- Rong Lu shows the new graphics diagnostic tooling for C++ to help you diagnose graphics rendering and performance issues in DirectX apps. [37:45]
- Brady Gaster shows tooling for adding Azure WebJobs to an Azure Web site. He also shows improvements to the JSON editor. [51:10]
- Download Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 (also available on MSDN subscriber downloads)
- Read the release announcements by Soma and Brian Harry
- Learn more with the Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 RTM release notes
- Various product/feature team blogs: Visual Studio, ALM, C++, Web Development, Entity Framework, Visual Studio Tools for Office, LightSwitch, Office.
- The deck we used in the show.