Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 Release Candidate is now available for download. Dmitry Lyalin joins Robert to show a number of new and exciting features in the RC. They show or discuss the following new features and capabilities in this episode:
- CodeLens Team Indicators now support Git. [06:50]
- The Application Insights extension is now installed by default. [11:50]
- As part of the Release Management update you can now deploy apps using DSC (Desired State Configuration). [21:35]
- You now have the ability to customize Test Plan and Test Suite artifacts, including the ability to add custom fields and workflows. [21:50]
- You can now change the Visual Studio menu bar to use mixed case rather than all caps. [22:55]
- Enhancements to Code Map, including improvements to the zoom experience, link styling and the use of colors to help you distinguish types of dependencies. [24:20]
- The memory usage tool, available in the performance and diagnostics hub, now supports WPF and Win32 applications and adds some handy new features. [31:15]
- Download Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 RC
- Read the release announcement on Brian Harry's blog
- Red about Update 3 on the Visual Studio Blog
- Learn more with the Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 RC release notes and the Update 3 RC KB article
- CodeLens for Git improvements in Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Update 3 RC
- Code Lens for Git in Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Update 3
- Use Application Insights to find out what users are doing with your app
- Release Management Update 3 CTP1 is now available with DSC Deployment Feature!
- Test Plan and Test Suite Customization with TFS2013 Update 3
- Code Map improvements in Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Update 3 CTP1
- New Memory Usage Tool for WPF and Win32 Applications
- .NET Memory Analysis: Go to Source in Visual Studio 2013 Update 3
- Multiple Monitor Support for Windows Store Apps in Visual Studio 2013 Update 3
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.