Visual Studio Toolbox: Manual Testing
In this episode, Brian Keller shows how manual testers can use Microsoft Test Manager 2010 to manage their test cases. They can document all of the steps they will use to test a particular feature or requirement and then record whether each step passes or fails. Additionally, they can record their actions and specify that the next time they run a test, some of the steps will run automatically. Bugs created with Test Manager are stored in TFS and include a wealth of information developers can use to understand what happened.
Brian recommends the following resources for those who want to learn more about manual testing with Visual Studio 2010:
- Visual Studio 2010 RTM Virtual Machine with Sample Data and Hands-on-Labs
- Visual Studio 11 Application Lifecycle Management Virtual Machine and Hands-on-Labs / Demo Scripts
- Brian's TechEd Europe 2010 presentations on software testing
- Professional Application Lifecycle Management with Visual Studio 2010, co-authored by Brian
- Supported Configurations and Platforms for Coded UI Tests and Action Recordings
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.