Isadora Rodopoulos, an engineer on the Visual Studio Debugging team, joins us to kick off a mini-series on debugging async code. Today she explains how async code works behind the scenes and provides some insights into why it is hard to debug.
Next week Isadora will explore tooling in Visual Studio to debug async code.
- Demo Source Code: https://github.com/isadorasophia/ReadMySongs
- David Fowler's Async Best Practices: https://github.com/davidfowl/AspNetCoreDiagnosticScenarios/blob/master/AsyncGuidance.md
- Dissecting Async Methods in C# Blog Post: https://github.com/davidfowl/AspNetCoreDiagnosticScenarios/blob/master/AsyncGuidance.md
- Debugging Async Code in VS Blog Post: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/visualstudio/how-do-i-debug-async-code-in-visual-studio/
- Debugging Async in VS Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVEug50YpaM
- Best Practices w/ Threading in VS: https://github.com/microsoft/vs-threading/blob/main/doc/cookbook_vs.md
- ConfigureAwait FAQ: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/configureawait-faq/
- Sharplab Compiler Playground for Demo Code: https://sharplab.io/