Join your guide Cory Fowler as he talks to the product teams in Redmond as well as the web community.
This week Cory talks about Scalable WordPress which can be provisioned from the Azure Marketplace. In the demo, Cory demonstrates a WordPress site which is available in two regions (East and West US) traffic to the sites are distributed by using performance based routing with Traffic Manager. This geographically distributed WordPress site uses a active-active replicated MySQL Instance provided by ClearDB.
At the end of the episode, we cover a new Site Extension available in the Extension gallery which enables WordPress CLI in Azure Websites. Learn how you can run the command line tools against your Azure Websites from within Terminal or PowerShell.
- Scalable WordPress on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace
- 10 ways to speed up your WordPress site on Azure Websites
- WordPress troubleshooting techniques on Azure Websites
- Mission Critical MySQL Database Options from ClearDB
- WordPress CLI Site Extension
- Azure Storage for WordPress
- Persistent Database Connection Updater
- Installation Instructions for KuduExec