This week, James is joined by friend of the show Josh Weber, HockeyApp Program Manager, who talks to us about the next step of DevOps after Continuous Integration, which is Delivery. Gone of the days of emailing around install files and packages as we can eliminate all of this tediousness and delight our testers with Continuous Delivery. Josh shows us not only how we can delivery a development build of Xamarin iOS and Android applications with every commit, but also how Visual Studio Team Services enhances the release management process. He walks us through gated releases to HockeyApp and then straight to Google Play in just a few seconds. Join in on the Continuous Delivery fun on this weeks The Xamarin Show.
- [10:40] Build Definitions for Xamarin iOS and Android apps in VSTS
- [12:30] Adding HockeyApp Distribution Step from VSTS Marketplace
- [19:30] Live Distribution on HockeyApp
- [25:45] Setting up Release Management in VSTS
- [34:30] Gated release to Google Play
- Find James on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, and his weekly podcast Merge Conflict.
- Xamarin CI & CD blog series on Android, iOS, and App Store Delivery
- Source Code on GitHub
- Follow @JamesMontemagno
- Follow @joshuawebermsft
- Follow @HockeyApp