This week, James is joined by friend of the show Simina Pasat, HockeyApp Program Manager, who walks us through exactly what Continuous Integration (CI) is and how it applies to mobile application development. Simina dispels the myth that CI is extremely difficult and time consuming. She shows us how to automatically build and sign Xamarin applications in Visual Studio Team Services in just a few minutes completely from scratch! We then discusses a bit more of what to do next with the app that was just built by sending it to HockeyApp as part of continuous delivery.
- [06:10] Building first app in Xamarin
- [09:15] Creating project and uploading code to VSTS
- [15:45] Creating Xamarin Build Definition
- [25:00] Turning on Continuous Integration
- [30:00] VSTS Marketplace to install HockeyApp
- Find James on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, and his weekly podcast Merge Conflict.
- Xamarin CI & CD blog series on Android, iOS, and App Store Delivery
- Source Code on GitHub
- Follow @JamesMontemagno
- Follow @SiminaPasat
- Follow @HockeyApp
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.