This week, James is joined yet again by friend of the show Matthew Soucoup, who shows us how to extend the built-in capabilities of any View in Xamarin.Forms with little gems of awesomeness known as Behaviors. Matt demonstrates what a Behavior is, and how these reusable classes can expand the Xamarin.Forms controls functionality without having to subclass controls or modify the code-behind files.
- Code used in show
- Documentation: Xamarin.Forms Behaviors
- Reusable Command to Action Behavior
- Find James on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, and his weekly development podcast Merge Conflict.
- Follow @JamesMontemagno
- Never Miss an Episode: Follow @TheXamarinShow
- Find Matt on Twitter, GitHub, and his Blog