Download this episode
Out of all architectural patterns Model-View-ViewModel, or MVVM, has to be my favorite. MVVM enables developers to separate their business logic from their user interface code no matter if you are developing with iOS Storyboards, Android XML, or Xamarin.Forms XAML. In this episode I cover the basic building blocks of the MVVM pattern and then introduce you to the build in data binding framework built right into Xamarin.Forms so there is no need to ever manually set a text property, register for a click handler, and automatically enable and disable controls with Commands.
- [01:00] MVVM Overview
- [03:45] Data Binding in Xamarin.Forms
- [10:30] Two-way Data Binding and INotifyPropertyChanged
- [20:30] Simplifying Events with Commands
- XAML for Xamarin.Forms
- Source Code on GitHub
- Xamarin.Forms Binding Tips & Tricks: Converters and Control to Control Binding
- Find James on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, and his weekly podcast Merge Conflict.
- Follow @JamesMontemagno
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.