This week, James is joined by friend of the show Laurent Bugnion, Software engineer and UX enthusiast at Valorem/IdentityMine, introduces us to the world of developing with the MVVM Light Toolkit with Xamarin development. The MVVM Light Toolkit offers Xamarin developers a MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel) library that adds data binding, commands, navigation, extensions, and a whole lot more to traditional development with Xamarin. Laurent even shows us the use cases and compatibility with Xamarin.Forms.
- [08:00] What MVVM Toolkit brings to Xamarin development
- [10:00] Sample walk through with MVVM Light Toolkit
- [16:00] Data binding controls in Android
- [21:00] Simplifying adapters in Android
- [23:30] Data binding controls in iOS
- [25:00] Getting and Starting with MVVM Light Toolkit
- MVVM Light Toolkit
- MVVM Light Toolkit Pluralsight Course
- Laurent's Site & Blog
- Find James on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, and his weekly podcast Merge Conflict with Frank.
- Follow @JamesMontemagno
- Follow @lbugnion
- Never Miss an Episode: Follow @TheXamarinShow
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.