Download this episode
This week, James is joined by friend of the show Charles Wang, Automation Software Engineer at Microsoft, who talks to us about the importance of testing mobile applications. We focus on user interface automation with Xamarin.UITest to build out a full test suite for mobile apps all in C# from Visual Studio and Xamarin Studio for both iOS and Android. Charles builds out a full set of tests and covers best practices before sending the test up to the Xamarin Test Cloud to test the app on thousands of physical devices.
- [05:00] Calabash and Xamarin.UITest
- [07:00] Building our first UITest
- [15:00] Using the UITest REPL
- [31:00] Submitting to Xamarin Test Cloud and thousands of devices
- [40:00] Best practices for build UITests
- Test Results from the Show!
- Xamarin Test Cloud
- Getting Started with Xamarin.UITest
- Xamarin Evolve mobile app source code
- Find James on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, and his weekly podcast Merge Conflict.
- Follow @JamesMontemagno
- Follow @thischarleswang
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.