Download this episode
Why would you do this? Well, because of Windows 10. Windows 10 is not exactly discriminant about which devices it supports and we're finding it on robots as well as phones as well as desktops these days. To really work everywhere there are times when the V8 engine isn't going to work.
They're doing it right too. They're not creating a proprietary branch - a road you can't come back from. The newfound versatility they're putting into Node.js is on its way to being contributed right to the main project. That's why this Node.js thing is so awesome - because such a rich community is contributing to it.
Arunesh can certainly describe the ins and outs better then me, so tune in and see what's going on with Node.js and the Chakra engine.
Here are some links if you want to get your hands on this cool stuff...
- Node+Chakra Blog - http://aka.ms/node-chakra-annoucement-blog
- Installer for Node.js Tools for Windows IoT - https://github.com/ms-iot/ntvsiot/releases/tag/v1.1
- Node+Chakra on Github - https://github.com/Microsoft/node
- IoT Getting Started - http://aka.ms/iot-getstarted
- IoT Samples - http://aka.ms/iotsamples
I hope you enjoy the episode. Please do take a chance to drop a comment down below. Let us know what you think, ask the guests a question, or recommend something for a future show.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.