Every gamer knows "it's dangerous to go alone", but how do you actually get others to help you create your game?
The process can be more complicated than you think! There is a lot you need to know. From finding the right talent, estimating cost, researching what kind of contracts you might need, to tax implications.
Tobiah Zarlez, Game Evangelist at Microsoft, has hired dozens of independent contractors over his professional career and will share some general advise on what you may need to know and where you can get started when hiring others to work with for or with you on a game.
Places to hire people:
- Hire or Partner - [00:50]
- How will you pay? - [02:50]
- Contracts - [06:25]
- Legal and Tax Ramifications - [08:00]
- Where can I find people? - [10:24]
- Be good to work with - [12:31]
- Where can I get help? - [17:11]
Check out my blog: www.TobiahZ.com
Indie Game Dev Podcast: www.BeIndieNow.com