The Maker Show is an informal dive into the exciting world of makers. Each week one of our experts will go hands-on with techniques, how to's, tips & tricks in various maker areas including electronics, programming tools, hardware boards, components & sensors, connectivity, building hacks & gadgets, 3D printing, manufacturing prototypes, and other cool yet useful topics.
Check out special episode #0 where you get to “Meet your Makers” and learn how developers can get started with their very own maker projects.
- [6:03] Why should developers become "makers"? What's in it for them?
- [12:48] How can developers get started in becoming makers? What should they buy? Where should they shop? What should they build?
- [26:40] What are some of your favorite tools or boards to use?
- [36:20] What can we expect to see in upcoming Maker Shows?
- Jeremy Foster @codefoster ): http://codefoster.com [GitHub: http://github.com/codefoster]
- Nick Landry @ActiveNick): http://AgeofMobility.com [GitHub: http://github.com/ActiveNick]
- Ian Philpot @ianphilpot): http://devian.co
- Kenny Spade @KennySpade): http://microsoftbayarea.com
- Bret Stateham @BretStateham): http://BretStateham.com [GitHub: http://github.com/BretStateham, YouTube: http://youtube.com/BStateham]
- Sam Stokes @SocalSam): http://blogs.msdn.com/devschool [GitHub: http://github.com/SocalSam
Inspiration / Projects / Learning
- Make Magazine: http://makezine.com
- Hackster.io: http://hackster.io
- Instructables: http://instructables.com
- Diresta: https://www.youtube.com/user/jimmydiresta
- Hackaday: http://hackaday.com/
- Microsoft Garage: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/garage/
- SparkFun: http://sparkfun.com
- Adafruit: http://adafruit.com
- Maker Shed: http://www.makershed.com/
- Digikey: http://digikey.com
- Mouser: http://mouser.com
- Element14: http://element14.com
- Newark: http://newark.com
- RobotShop: http://robotshop.com
- Freetronics: http://freetronics.com
- Seeedstudio: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/
- Amazon: http://amazon.com (get Amazon Prime for free fast 2-day shipping)
- Radio Shack: http://www.radioshack.com
Hardware & Software
- Arduino: https://www.arduino.cc/
- Raspberry Pi: http://raspberrypi.org/
- Particle: https://www.particle.io/
- Edison: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/do-it-yourself/edison.html
- Windows 10 IoT Core: https://www.windowsondevices.com/
- Windows Virtual Shield for Arduino: http://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/win10/WVSA.htm
- Kinect for Windows: https://dev.windows.com/en-us/Kinect