The Maker Show is an informal dive into the exciting world of makers. Each week one of our experts will go hands-on with techniques, how to's, tips & tricks in various maker areas including electronics, programming tools, hardware boards, components & sensors, connectivity, building hacks & gadgets, 3D printing, manufacturing prototypes, and other cool yet useful topics.
Check out special episode #0 where you get to “Meet your Makers” and learn how developers can get started with their very own maker projects.
- [6:03] Why should developers become "makers"? What's in it for them?
- [12:48] How can developers get started in becoming makers? What should they buy? Where should they shop? What should they build?
- [26:40] What are some of your favorite tools or boards to use?
- [36:20] What can we expect to see in upcoming Maker Shows?
- Jeremy Foster @codefoster ): http://codefoster.com [GitHub: http://github.com/codefoster]
- Nick Landry @ActiveNick): http://AgeofMobility.com [GitHub: http://github.com/ActiveNick]
- Ian Philpot @ianphilpot): http://devian.co
- Kenny Spade @KennySpade): http://microsoftbayarea.com
- Bret Stateham @BretStateham): http://BretStateham.com [GitHub: http://github.com/BretStateham, YouTube: http://youtube.com/BStateham]
- Sam Stokes @SocalSam): http://blogs.msdn.com/devschool [GitHub: http://github.com/SocalSam
Inspiration / Projects / Learning
- Make Magazine: http://makezine.com
- Hackster.io: http://hackster.io
- Instructables: http://instructables.com
- Diresta: https://www.youtube.com/user/jimmydiresta
- Hackaday: http://hackaday.com/
- Microsoft Garage: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/garage/
- SparkFun: http://sparkfun.com
- Adafruit: http://adafruit.com
- Maker Shed: http://www.makershed.com/
- Digikey: http://digikey.com
- Mouser: http://mouser.com
- Element14: http://element14.com
- Newark: http://newark.com
- RobotShop: http://robotshop.com
- Freetronics: http://freetronics.com
- Seeedstudio: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/
- Amazon: http://amazon.com (get Amazon Prime for free fast 2-day shipping)
- Radio Shack: http://www.radioshack.com
Hardware & Software
- Arduino: https://www.arduino.cc/
- Raspberry Pi: http://raspberrypi.org/
- Particle: https://www.particle.io/
- Edison: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/do-it-yourself/edison.html
- Windows 10 IoT Core: https://www.windowsondevices.com/
- Windows Virtual Shield for Arduino: http://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/win10/WVSA.htm
- Kinect for Windows: https://dev.windows.com/en-us/Kinect
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.