Pakistan's Bookme.pk is making waves in both the start-up scene in their home country and in neighboring countries like Turkey where they were one of the finalists in Start-up Turkey 2015. Their e-ticketing platform offers an easy system for people to assure that they get a seat on a bus, cinema, or anyplace a ticket is needed.
Their app addresses two serious problems:
- People queue up for a ticket with no guarantee of getting in. This is a problem in many emerging economies which could make Bookme.pk very successful worldwide.
- Credit Cards are not necessary to buy tickets.
They also have three key market differentials:
- Data and profiling: Bookme maintains a record of customers and does intelligent profiling that helps in targeted marketing.
- Platform with reach: They build API's for a diverse set of groups like banks, telcos, mobile wallets, e-commerce portals, etc. This enables ticket buying to be as simple as sending a text.
- Combining services: Bookme enables a whole new experience of ticket buying where they combine different services like arranging a cab or booking a restaurant table.
Bookme.pk worked closely with the MIC-Lahore team and their premium app will be loaded on all Lumia windows phones sold in Pakistan.
MIC's play a strong role in empowering a Start-up ecosystem Globally, and help discover surprisingly great talent.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.