Pakistan's Bookme.pk is making waves in both the start-up scene in their home country and in neighboring countries like Turkey where they were one of the finalists in Start-up Turkey 2015. Their e-ticketing platform offers an easy system for people to assure that they get a seat on a bus, cinema, or anyplace a ticket is needed.
Their app addresses two serious problems:
- People queue up for a ticket with no guarantee of getting in. This is a problem in many emerging economies which could make Bookme.pk very successful worldwide.
- Credit Cards are not necessary to buy tickets.
They also have three key market differentials:
- Data and profiling: Bookme maintains a record of customers and does intelligent profiling that helps in targeted marketing.
- Platform with reach: They build API's for a diverse set of groups like banks, telcos, mobile wallets, e-commerce portals, etc. This enables ticket buying to be as simple as sending a text.
- Combining services: Bookme enables a whole new experience of ticket buying where they combine different services like arranging a cab or booking a restaurant table.
Bookme.pk worked closely with the MIC-Lahore team and their premium app will be loaded on all Lumia windows phones sold in Pakistan.
MIC's play a strong role in empowering a Start-up ecosystem Globally, and help discover surprisingly great talent.