This video shows how to install or deploy your add-ins/apps to SharePoint sites using either "app stapling" or with CSOM. There are some pre-requisites for the add-ins/apps which are installed to sites using CSOM. These dependendies and other aspects are also covered in the video.
Video relates on the following blog post by Vesa Juvonen
The video shows following topics:
- Deployment of app to sites from app catalog using Deployment mechanism (app stapling)
- Limitations of the app stapling model (add-in parts, custom actions, events)
- Challenge of getting add-ins/apps installed remotely
- Pre-requisites for add-ins/apps for getting them installed on SharePoint sites with CSOM
- Code for getting add-ins/apps installed on the SharePoint site
Notice. This capability is only available for enterprise development scenarios and you cannot install add-ins/apps to SharePoint sites from the store or directly from the app catalog. Add-ins/apps are being installed by uploading app file directly to the site, so there's no track-back mechanism like with the store or catalog add-ins/apps.
The sample code used in the video is available on PnP GitHub repository at following location:
Sample is pointing to dev branch, since as part of the video, there were some small changes done to this sample. We will update the link after master merge.
If you have any feedback or comments related on this video, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to provider your input. Thx for your interest advance.