In this video we'll demonstrate the new Bulk UPA Custom Profile Properties Update API, which enables you to import easily and efficiently additional attributes to SharePoint Online user profiles. You can use this API to update user profile properties, which are not imported from the Azure Active Directory. Source code for the demonstrated code sample is available from PnP Code Gallery.
Video covers following topics
- Where to find more source code for the demonstrated sample
- What are the requirements for user profile properties in SharePoint Online to be able to import information
- How to start user profile bulk import job
- How to check the status of user profile bulk import job
- How possible exceptions are handled for the execution
You can read more information around this API from a blog post at dev.office.com.
- Demo presenter: Vesa Juvonen
See following additional links around the covered topics and for additional documentation around the user profile manipulation in SharePoint Online. Some of the below references will still need updates after release of this API.
- Introducing Bulk UPA Custom Profile Properties Update API blog post for additional details
- User Profile Batch Update API (UserProfile.BatchUpdate.API) - Code sample demonstrated in the video
- User Profile Manipulation (UserProfile.Manipulation.CSOM) - Code sample showing manipulating user profile properties one-by-one for user profiles
- SharePoint Add-in Recipe - User Profile Manipulation
- User profile solutions documentation for SharePoint add-ins in MSDN
If you have any feedback or comments related on this web cast, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to provider your input. Thx for your interest advance.