Download this episode
This is module 3 of the "Transforming SharePoint customizations to add-in model" training.
Introduction to different branding capabilities using the add-in model techniques. We cover different options to modify the end user experience and discuss what the key considerations are when your making your implementation decision. Session also covers topics related on where the assets used for branding should be stored in order to ease future maintenance.
- Introduction to branding with add-in model
- Themes and other other branding techniques
- Controlling publishing (WCM) capabilities using add-in model techniques
- Updating existing sites with new branding changes
- Avoid custom master pages
- Use Office 365 themes when possible
- Consider using Alternate CSS for advance settings
- SharePoint themes can be used to control colour and fonts
Lab - Modification of SharePoint Sites Using SP add-ins In this exercise you will create your own custom theme using the SharePoint Color Palette Tool, and then apply the theme from the provider hosted add-in to the host web.
This video contains following demos, which are also available as separate videos:
Hands on lab material and presentation for this module is available for use from Office Developer Training GitHub repository.
Feel free to use this training material anyway you like for online web casts, in-class deliveries, other trainings or for your personal self study.
If you have any feedback or comments related on this video, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to start discussion with the PnP community.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.