This is module 7 of the "Transforming SharePoint customizations to add-in model" training.
In this module we concentrate on user profile based solutions and how the user profile service can be used with the SharePoint add-in model. We'll cover the remote API possibilities and how you can use remote APIs to manage personal or other users profile attributes. We also cover customization patterns related on the OneDrive for Business customizations and how you can provide needed configurations, including branding, cross individual personal OneDrive for Business sites.
Notice that this video also contains updates on the OneDrive for Business customization options, which have been changed during autumn 2015 with the introduction of new end user experience.
- Introduction to user profile, personalization and OneDrive for Business
- Custom attribute replication
- Yammer integration with sites for social experience
- OneDrive for Business customization patterns
- Use CSOM for user profile operations
- Use Yammer for social capabilities
- Avoid customizations in OneDrive for Business sites
- Avoid metadata in OneDrive for Business sites
Lab - User Personalization and OneDrive for Business Operations Using CAM Patterns In this lab you will create an automated synchronization tool to synchronize user profile attributes from on-premises to the cloud and in second lab you will manage the Branding and Functionalities of OneDrive for Business Sites
- User Profile Manipulation with CSOM
- Yammer integration to team sites - Manual association for Yammer feeds to SharePoint
- Optionally you can do automated Yammer association to team sites
- Applying branding automatically to OneDrive for Business sites (Async model) - Only with classic experience
Hands on lab material and presentation for this module is available for use from Office Developer Training GitHub repository.
Feel free to use this training material anyway you like for online web casts, in-class deliveries, other trainings or for your personal self study.
If you have any feedback or comments related on this video, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to start discussion with the PnP community.